|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2022|
|Reference:||Consultant, Nephrologist (FMIC/HR/ 368)|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
Diagnosing and treating kidney-related illness or disease.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose patients using the correct equipment in determining and evaluating the extent and nature of kidney disorders or injuries.
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
- Maintain and ensure that relevant patient records are properly filed
- Use diathermy appliances, emanation tubes, cystoscopes, radium, catheters, and similar medical appliances where appropriate in the treatment of patients with kidney ailments.
- Perform dialysis or surgery on damaged kidneys and prescribe post-surgical maintenance medication.
- Perform kidney transplant surgery in serious cases while ensuring kidney donor compatibility and legal or ethical donor sourcing.
- Administer anti-rejection treatment to counteract infections or preclude rejection in kidney transplants.
- Refer patients suspected of tumorous kidney to relevant oncologists.
- Keep abreast with new developments in kidney surgical techniques and medication.
- Adhere to laws and regulations of the FMIC Hospital
- Align with goals and objectives of department/ Organization.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all FMIC rules and regulation.
- Take part in teaching and academic activities of Senior/Medical Officers regularly.
- Assure quality of care
- Assure continuity of care 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week
- Ensure to apply all IPSG standards and monitoring standards performing by team
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Any other tasks/assignment given by direct supervisor.
- Conducting CMEs inside & outside of FMIC for sharing knowledge and information
- Participating in clinical forums and workshops
- Develop and maintain clinical pathways and protocols
Qualification and requirements:
- Medical Degree from a recognized university
- Internal Medicine Specialization
- At least two years fellowship in Nephrology
Knowledge and competencies (State skills, abilities & traits required):
- Excellent patient management skills and patient-oriented approach
- Be able to explain medical conditions to patients in clear and straightforward terms without medical jargon
- Ability to work under difficult working conditions
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Be a good team player
- Having good time management skill
- Interpersonal skill and good communication skill in Dari, Pashto and English languages
- Having good computer skill specially in MS Office programs
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter also. Please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line.