|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||18000 - 23500 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
The Overall purpose of this position is to support target households to develop their own income generation activities, value chain of HHs’ products, market linkage and supervision of vocational trainings at field level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with project team to conduct livelihood assessment of target households (HH)s and identify sustainable income generation options.
- Support target HHs to develop their business plans for income generation activities.
- Assist project staffs in forming of Self-Help-Groups (SHG) by participation of target HHs’ guardians.
- Conduct regular training\workshops on resource mapping and other livelihoods relevant training to SHGs’ members based on project’s implementation plan.
- Assist in establishment of saving box for each SHG and training of group members on management of saving box.
- Supervision of provision of productive assets and inputs to the target HHs at the field level.
- Conduct regularly visits and provision of required instructions to target HHs on utilization of productive assets and inputs.
- Facilitate market linkage and value chain activities of target households.
- Conduct market assessment to identify marketable professions in coordination with DoLSA.
- Assist selection of eligible trainees for vocational training classes.
- Assist establishment of vocational training classes at community level.
- Regular supervision of vocational training progress according to implementation plan.
- Assist in community awareness, identification of sustainable livelihood opportunities and initiation of income generation activities for target households.
- Monitoring of day-to-day livelihood activities of the project and preparation of progress report.
- Any other project relevant activities required by project management team.
- Diploma or 14th Grade Graduate from Agriculture, Economic, social science, veterinary science or any other relevant field.
- Bachelor Degree in above-mentioned fields will be preferred.
- 2-3 years relevant work experience