|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Ensure punctual support in the development of complex technical dossiers and proposals (2nd line response) in his/her field of expertise in collaboration with the ATU Manager. Define the Mission Mechanic and Mobility Strategies as well as support in the implementation of all related activities as defined within the department strategy.
Develop and update all mission references (policies, protocols, guidelines, etc.) for his field of expertise and ensure their implementation with the support of the Logistical Team. Ensure the development and implementation of training activities for all technicians in their field of expertise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and ensure the follow-up of all powered machines and motorized equipment/assets (Service / Maintenance schedule and follow-up for diesel and petrol and/or other motorized or related powered machines, garage management) for the entire mission in collaboration with the field technicians and the ATU Manager.
- Ensure the projects’ support through field visits and project management/site supervision (cost control, schedule management, quality control, and others) when applicable/required
- Ensure the projects’ support through the development of complex technical specifications including drawings, bill of quantities, terms of reference, etc. for all mechanic and mobility-related works
- Produce and ensure the follow-up of tender documents and contract forms in coordination with relevant partners.
- Develop and update the maintenance strategies and all Mobility and Mechanic related policies; monitor and follow up the implementation in the projects (safety of installations, etc.)
- Support in the development, update, and validation of the timeline of activities and maintenance strategies in his field of expertise; monitor and follow up the implementation in the projects
- Ensure the follow-up and renewal of all power generating equipment and spare part stocks in the projects including Contingency/Buffer and EPREP stocks at Coordination; define the level of stock turnover; inventories; follow up on stock cards, storage, and cleaning of equipment
- Ensure compliance with the Mission policies, procedures, and protocols in his/her field of expertise
- Ensure the development and implementation of training strategies/activities for the mechanic technicians in the mission
- Develop the Logbook requirements for field assistants, technicians, and supervisors in collaboration with the L&D Department and the ATU Manager.
- Ensure and follow up of induction programs for field technicians, implement training and learning strategies for national staff
- Ensure the quality of purchased material through technical validation / OR and PU involvement (for rental and purchased material)
- Compare the quality of equipment, providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local availability
- Support in the development and ensure the follow-up of the budget for all projects (Annual planning process, Budget revision/forecast, activities consulting, etc.) in his/her field of expertise
- Ensure the definition of quality standards for all related material through the local availability and international ordering for the entire mission
- Ensure the follow-up and renewal of equipment and spare part stocks in the projects incl. definition of minimum essential stock quantities, the level of stock turnover; inventories
- Coordination Contingency (Buffer) Stock owner and responsible for related budget follow-up, replenishment, and renewal of stocks (Manager=Coordination Supply) in his field of expertise
- Ensure the development and follow-up of market assessment strategies and evaluation of local suppliers for the quality and services
- Ensure the administrative part development and follow-up (contract management, market assessment, renewal of documentation, etc.)
- Ensure and support the development of innovation projects as part of the references and capitalization of information of the mission in coordination with the ATU Manager and HQ Back Office in his field of expertise
- Focal point and interlocutor of the Afghan Technical Unit in his field of expertise (1st, 2nd and 3rd line response) for communication with the HQ Back Office Referents
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
- University degree in Mechanic engineering essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- Valid driving license essential
- Other experience in a similar position is essential (practical experience with vehicles and generators)
- MSF experience essential
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written desirable
- English: oral and written essential (high technical and professional level)
FULL TIME / SCHEDULE: 176 HOURS PER MONTH - DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE POSITION THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING AND CAPABLE TO SOMETIMES WORK OUTSIDE REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
SALARY WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE MSF SALARY GRID