|Date Posted:||May 14, 2022|
|Reference:||SJTLSC - 22 - 0052|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Coordination,Health/Medical,Communication,Monitoring & Reporting|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Salim Jawid Transportation & Logistics Services Co :
Salim Jawid Transportation and Logistics Services Company is a fully Afghan-owned company. SJTLSC is headquartered in Kabul.
SJTLSC is currently managing a project for UNICEF to hire, deploy and manage Technical Extenders for the humanitarian activities across Afghanistan.
Technical nutrition staff is needed to focus on nutrition services provision including but not limited to provision individual nutrition assessment and counselling/GMP/MIYCN services, micronutrient supplementation, community based nutrition and treatment of malnourish children and women.
Therefore, it is intended to deploy nutrition extenders to extend UNICEF programming initiatives/interventions to the lowest level possible, particularly to inaccessible communities. Extenders are central to how ACO fulfils the UNICEF and UN principle of “Stay and Deliver”. The extenders are deployed to undertake a defined set of duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support nutrition program/project development and planning
▪ Work closely and collaboratively with internal (under leadership of UNICEF ACO, ZO Nutrition Officers and Outpost Technical Officers) and external colleagues such as BPHS/EPHS, DoPH/PNO and other field nutrition partners to set annual targets based on PNDs agreed list of indicators specifically in emergency situations.
▪ Support/contribute provincial nutrition team to develop annual nutrition provincial plan mainly at time of emergencies.
▪ Support nutrition provincial committee to analyse routine data sources to:
a. Map gaps and bottlenecks in provision of nutrition services within province
b. Plan field visits for priority areas to fill the gaps
c. Provide regular feedback to partners and national teams on the recommended actions.
d. Regular monthly follows up of the recommended action points for implementation by the IP until fixation.
2. Technical Support: Program management, monitoring, reporting and delivery of results
▪ Follow up registration of new nutrition sites and assure timely reporting using a modified/simplified reporting mechanism
▪ Support nutrition provincial team to develop monitoring/supportive supervision annual plan and update on monthly basis
▪ Monitor and supervise nutrition services at health facilities (HFs) and provide feedback to nutrition provincial team
▪ Provide monthly updates to nutrition provincial committee members on key monitoring findings and recommended action points.
▪ Close follow up and monitor Nutrition service delivery in emergency settings. (MHNTs and other NIEs services)
3. Operational support to nutrition program implementation
▪ Participate in provincial coordination forums including provincial nutrition committee meeting, contingency planning discussions on emergency preparedness, and nutrition cluster meetings, in the regional and provincial levels
▪ Be able to travel to other provinces in the region for the program monitoring and technical support
▪ Monitor and follow up key activities related to nutrition supply with IPs, HFs, DoE and REMT to ensure that supply (i.e. RUTF, TMs, IFA, Albendazole, Anthropometric equipment, CBNP kits, MNP, Vit-A) are properly handled and used for the intended purpose including:
a. Make sure that the IP has proper quarterly and/or monthly distribution plan in place and ensure early release of supply from main warehouse to avoid stockout at HFs and service delivery point. Also, ensure the IP submits their supply request within due time frame to PND/UNICEF.
b. Ensure that all IPs record all incoming supply (from UNICEF) and outgoing supply (to HFs) using stock management tool to track supply status promptly
c. Ensure safety, security, proper handling and storage of supply including proper documentation in all HFs including main warehouses (IP, DoE, REMT) to avoid wastage, damage, misuse and expiry of supply.
Required Qualification and Competence
• University degree (Bachelors) in a field related to the scope of work. Master’s degree desirable
b) WORK EXPERIENCE
• At least five years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in project/programme management, monitoring and reporting. Experience in collecting and compiling quantitative and qualitative data is an asset.
• Experience working in a humanitarian context is an asset.
• Experience working with UN or NGO programmes/projects is an asset.
• Three years of relevant experience for master’s degree holders
• Experience working at zonal/provincial level is an asset
• Fluency in English and in the local language(s) (Dari and Pashtu) of the locality required.
d) REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
• Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyse diverse and complex information from a wide range of sources to make analytical statements to inform decision-making.
• Good report writing skills.
• Capacity to work in an emergency context under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
• Good communication and networking skills, including the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams as well as establishing and maintaining close working relationships with a variety of implementing partners and counterparts at different levels.
• Good computer skills, including experience with various software applications.
Flexible to travel anywhere in the region based on need
Female qualified candidates and residents of the respective provinces will be given priority
Job Location:Afghanistan, Sar-e-Pul, Jawzjan
Please email your CV along with a cover letter to below email before 16:00 hrs Local Time, 21 May 2022. Applications will be rejected after the closing time and date. Please clearly write the province, position name and vacancy number you apply for in the subject line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.