|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 18, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics,Public Administration,Business Administration ,Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations:
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash-incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2022-2023, FAO will, under the life-saving assistance Outcome (1) of the UN Transitional Engagement Framework (TEF), focus on the following four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. Additionally, FAO will contribute towards resilience building activities under Outcome 2 of the TEF.
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Organizational Unit: FAAFG
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: General Service
Grade Level: G-5
Primary Location: Afghanistan-Kabul
Duration: Fixed-term: 1 year with possibility of extension
Post Number: 2009201
CCOG Code: 2206
The Procurement Assistant supports and coordinates day-to-day procurement operations, including specialized processes and functions, ensuring consistency, timeliness and conformity with relevant rules, procedures and practices. He/she provides procedural guidance to clients and staff across the Organization regarding procurement rules and procedures.
The Procurement Assistant will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, in close coordination with the International Procurement Officer, and under the direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistics Officer. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision and guidance received to support the incumbent in his/her day-to-day work. Work is performed applying initiative and judgment. The incumbent may coordinate the work of other procurement support staff. Supervision/guidance received is focused on the appropriateness of actions and the quality of work outputs.
The incumbent works closely with a wide range of colleagues both within the work unit, with client offices and with suppliers, providing the full range of procurement support services.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work impacts on the quality, timeliness and efficiency of FAO's procurement operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform and as necessary coordinate all procurement actions related to the assigned area of responsibility: retrieve purchase requisitions, enter potential suppliers/ contractors into relevant systems, prepare all documents related to the procurement action including tender documents, issuance of Purchase Orders, Service Orders, simple contracts, amendments and renewals, handle all related incoming and outgoing correspondence and documentation; inform the supervisor of the status and any issues, problems and discrepancies;
• Follow-up on purchase orders and contracts: monitor receipt of order confirmation, shipment and receipt of goods and services, receipt of performance bonds or other necessary documentation;
• Plan, organize and coordinate delivery schedules involving contact with international suppliers, domestic/international transportation companies, and Italian customs for international and national merchandise to FAO;
• Review invoices of incoming goods and custom's clearance fees for accuracy; bring to the supervisor's attention any discrepancies which may arise, prior to processing the payment;
• Identify potential sources of supply for goods and services required;
• Maintain database records regarding procurement actions undertaken, assigned tenders, purchase orders and contracts;
• Prepare and review periodic monitoring reports, taking action as instructed;
• Provide advice and support to other Procurement Assistants and to clients across the Organization on procurement procedures, regulations and the use of the ERP Procurement Modules;
• Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Work Experience and Knowledge: Four years of experience in administrative, accounting and/ or procurement support work
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and/or Dari).
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office package, Internet and office technology equipment
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. "Commuting distance" means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Very good knowledge of the corporate computerized financial / travel/procurement/ human resources systems
• Very good knowledge of standard procurement regulations and procedures
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
Good knowledge of FAO's administrative policies and procedures.