|Date Posted:||Jun 21, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 30, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 27000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs
The incumbent will be responsible to implement orphan sponsorship program in line with IRA strategy to improve the quality of life of sponsored children and their families in the assigned area. The OSP assistant will also support IRA’s advocacy interventions which aim to ensure women and children are more aware about their social and economic entitlements and able to live in an environment in which their rights are protected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation of programme activities as per business process and programme documents
- Manage new assessment and current allocated number of sponsored children.
- Monitoring of allocated sponsored families
- Maintenance of up to date info in Alyateem and individual files
- Awareness raising and capacity building of guardian and communities in groups on child and woman rights
- Development of work plans for timely implementation
- Coordination with stakeholders (internal and external)
- Timely disbursement of sponsorship amount
- Record management – field visits, internal meetings, beneficiary data etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, ERP systems (Alyateem, AX, Stride etc)
- Communication, Planning and Scheduling, Time, Stress and Conflict Management, Situation handling, Leadership Skills, People and Team management
- Demonstration of IR Values while working with communities
- Empowering communities to ensure organizational accountability
- Knowledge of IR strategic priorities
- Identification and documentation of organizational successes
- Adaptation of environment friendly and cost effective approaches / activities for the development of assigned children / families
- Special attention to inclusion during the implementation.
- Strengthen mechanism to influence the decision makers through communities’ advocacy and campaigning.
KEYACCOUNTABILITIES (Bullets Points)
· Technical (Elaborate the technical key results areas in detail).
- Review and understanding of programme documents (manual) as well as strategy document in detail for understanding project mandate / deliverables relevant to your role.
- Identification and assessment of new children by carrying out domestic visits to the orphan families for sponsorship
- Contribute in maintaining minimum 50 applications available online at any given time and 50 children to be ready for uploading (collectively).
- Responsible for signing agreement with sponsored orphan’s mother / guardian and maintain updated individual files as per policy.
- Minimum two visits should be carried out every year, one visit at home and the second visit can be carried out in gatherings and cluster meetings.
- Effective monitoring of the allocated families to ensure sponsorship amount is properly utilized to improve condition of Housing, Health, Education and Nutrition.
- Provide the sponsored children/families with psychosocial counselling as and when required.
- Organize guardians into groups and conduct their meetings during second round of field visits.
- Raise awareness amongst groups on policy and procedures, child and woman rights and protection issues
- Facilitate in arrangement of IR Partner visits to project areas. Donor’s calls and meeting with sponsored families as per Policy.
Operational (Elaborate the operational key results areas in detail).
· Preparation of annual work plans against PMT (performance measured time frame) by ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks in stipulated time period.
· Ensure availability of sponsored children bank account details for timely disbursement of sponsorship amount on quarterly basis through strong coordination and follow up with sponsored families and finance departments.
· Ensure that the allocated families receive sponsorship money in time and complaints are resolved in time.
· Families are informed about additional gift amounts and gifts are ensured to be used as per donor/partner guidelines.
· Maintenance of hard record that includes assessment record, legal documents, progress report forms, score cards, school progress report and other documentation.
· Ensure appropriate beneficiary’s data collection and screening prior to making any transaction
· Ensure proper filling of forms and formats as per desired standards
· Extend support to MEAL / Communications on as and when required basis.
· Close coordination with line manager and team members for effective implementation of project activities.
· Ensure compliance with IR’s policies and procedures in true spirit for effective delivery of services to communities.
· In depth understanding of IR values and their demonstration in the field while working with communities.
· Abide by the IR zero tolerance policy towards bribery and corruption through sensitization / empowerment of communities on coping mechanism so that they can raise voice as and when feel inappropriate.
· Thorough knowledge of IR strategic priorities to ensure effective implementation with future sustainability.
· Assist in identification and documentation of organizational successes for show casing IR work
· Focused efforts to be made for mainstreaming of marginalized groups i.e. persons with disability and old age, minorities, woman and children.
· Strengthen mechanism to Influence the decision makers through communities to pay attention towards the protection needs of people.
Participation and facilitation in implementation of IR seasonal programmes and emergency response as and when required.
- It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief Worldwide vision, mission and core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences
- Minimum 2-3 years experience of similar role in NGO setup:
- MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity
- Dari/Pashto & English
Key Personal Qualities:
· Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
· Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
· Good communication skills in local as well as English which delivers information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
· Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrance in achievement of entrusted goals / objectives.
· Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Value Added Skills (Please mention training / skills which can add value if the candidate is already equipped with):
- Knowledge on Child / woman rights and protection issues
- Social Mobilization
- Psychosocial Support
- Advocacy and Campaigning
- GBV / Protection
- Health and Hygiene Promotion
- Monitoring and Accountability
- Monitoring and Accountability
Job Location:Afghanistan, Balkh
Submission Guidelines:Submission Guidelines:Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
The closing date for accepting applications is 30 June 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: The interview will be on rolling basis due to the urgent need of the position the interview may take place before the closing date of the post/s.