|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||60000 - 68000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Civil Engineer, the incumbent undertakes the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct technical need assessment for rehabilitation and development of community-based irrigation systems (Canals, Karize, spring etc.).
- Preparing the side plan, scheduling, and controlling the labors.
- Report the project progress of construction activities to civil engineer.
- Applying plan and of irrigation systems and structures according to the design.
- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design irrigation specifications and safety standards.
- Supervise construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
- Supervise or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Supervise the technical design implementation project site construction, or program modifications and structural repairs.
- Coordinate and work closely with the civil engineer.
- Supervise inspection and monitoring service for the project construction site.
- Ensuring all materials used and work performed are as per specifications and quality.
- Liaising with the local community to ensure compliance with local construction regulations.
- Regularly monitor the project site activities.
- Perform any other tasks assign by his/her supervisor.
- Minimum University engineering degree in Civil and Irrigation Engineering.
- 2-4 years relevant work experience with international organization and NGO.
- Fluent knowledge of the local languages and English.