|Date Posted:||Sep 18, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 20 Years|
|Contract Duration:||4 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
In Afghanistan, CBHC is the foundation for the successful implementation of the BPHS implementation package. While the BPHS does not address the inter-sectoral or the private sector linkages of community health, it does provide the context for a comprehensive interaction between the health system and the communities it serves. Its success depends upon community participation and a partnership between community and health staff. Community Health Workers (CHWs) are important members of the health system working as they do with the community. A CHWs provides basic health services from his/her home, which is recognized as a health post. During the pandemics, CHWs was the first point of information for public and they played a critical role in responding the pandemics while they were/ are not equipped with required knowledge on how to maintain the delivery of essential health services while is trying to control the pandemic too.
The CBHC strategy 2015-2020 is out of date, and it needs to be updated while focusing on empowerment of CHWs as key players of health system during the pandemics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Services:
updating CBHC policy for 2022-2027 with focus on highlighting the role of CHWs on maintaining the essential health services during the pandemic
1. Identify the key stakeholders in updating/ revising the CBHC strategy in coordination with GDPP and CBHC department
2. Conduct an assessment on gaps and weaknesses, existing opportunities, and bottlenecks for implementation of CBHC 2015-2020
3. Conduct several meetings with identified key stakeholders to identify the main areas to be included in the strategic plan
4. Develop the zero draft of CBHC strategy based on National Health Policy of Afghanistan
- Share the zero draft with key stakeholders and collect their comments/ feedback
- Revise/edit the draft based on key stakeholder’s feedback
- Share the second draft of CBHC strategies with different directorates of MoPH and involved NGOs and organizations for their review and comments
- Collect the comments and feedback and update/ revise the second draft
- Finalize the CBHC strategy for Afghanistan with focus on highlighting the role of CHWs on maintaining the essential health services during the pandemic
- Disseminate the final draft to key stakeholders and representative of NGOs and other organizations in the workshop
- Submit the final draft to GDPP and WHO
12. Report of assessment
13. First draft of CBHC strategy 2022-2027
14. Final draft of CBHC strategy 2022-2027
15. Report of workshop for dissemination of CBHC strategy
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1) Must have good command of computer skills
2) Excellent communication and report writing skills
Essential: Medical doctor (MD) and master’s degree in public health
At least 5 years of experience of working in health system specifically on health policy advocacy, Development of Policy and strategy, planning, program design, health service management and CBHC.
Desirable: Long standing experienced in Public Health and governance at all levels in Afghanistan
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Fluent in Pashtu and Dari.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
« Screening of the candidates:
Ø Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Ø Short List - Further shortlist shall be done based on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
« Assessment method:
Ø WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
Ø WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.