|Date Posted:||May 11, 2022|
|Closing Date:||May 17, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MOBY Group:
Founded in 2003 MOBY GROUP operates in South & Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Dubai, the group employs over 1,200 individuals across 16 businesses. MOBY has been widely recognized for its role in bringing news and entertainment to underserved populations. It serves over 300 million people through its activities in broadcasting, digital & online, production, strategic communications, publishing, music, sports and research.
MOBY’s local-language content in English, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Amharic spans a range of genres including dramas, reality television, lifestyle and music shows, sports, news & current affairs and children’s programs.
For more information please visit our website www.mobygroup.com
A video editor is responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcasting. The material may consist of camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and the editor's skill can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. The editor may be part of a team and they will usually work closely with the director to achieve the desired end result.
Editors may work on a variety of productions including feature films, television programs, music videos, corporate training videos or commercials.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred on to video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer.
• Receiving a brief, and maybe an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay.
• Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronizing and storing them into files on the computer.
• Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable.
• Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the program/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages.
• familiarizing yourself with the style of specific directors
• consulting with the director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process
• Reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
• Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- at least 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere CC, and Adobe Photoshop CC.
- Fast typing: Dari, Pashto & English
- Ability to perform in team
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Computer proficiency with email, Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point