|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 - 15 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients - including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation. The CHRO provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders and the board of supervisors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
-Ensures the relevance, timeliness and gender equality/diversity sensitiveness of the mission-wide Personnel Policies and procedures.
- Conducts periodic review of the HR policies and procedures through HR Planning Committee Meetings.
- Solicits comments and feedback from all staff on HR Policies/Procedures to ensure their comprehensiveness and staff participation in policy development/revision.
- Considers the call of Afghan constitution and national labor law upon policy development and revision.
- Institutionalizes the HR Policies/Procedures to all staff.
- Closely monitors the implementation of the bank HR Policies/Procedures.
-Ensures serving the role of an active member of the advisory and decision-making body – management Team.
- Actively participates in the strategic planning, strategy development and policy development processes.
- Manages, monitors and appraises the performance of HR staff, if any; and provides them with coaching and mentoring opportunities.
- Promotes the bank integrity and public image.
- Communicates and reinforces organizational core values and the in-place policies/procedures.
- Represents HR in the bank internal forums and represents the bank in external forums.
-Ensures the institutionalization and implementation of the XXX performance management system.
- Trains relevant staff on various components of the bank performance management system.
- Reminds to the respective staff any step due in relation to the performance management system.
- Closely monitors the implementation of the bank performance management system.
- In collaboration with the respective unit heads/managers, updates and standardizes all existing job descriptions.
-Facilitates the establishment and maintenance of a conducive working environment and organizational culture in the bank
- Conducts a periodic organizational climate survey to ensure the prevalence of a working environment in the bank where every employee feels respected and empowered and where there is no discrimination, harassment, prejudice, bias and fear of reprisal.
- Based on the findings of the surveys, recommends to the bank management team well – thought out improvements in the working environment/organizational culture.
- Enforces the application of the bank code of conduct upon dealing with any stakeholder of the bank HR services.
- Ensures the implementation of the agreed upon/approved changes in the organizational culture.
-Ensures the existence of professional/career development opportunities for the staff.
- Defines the knowledge, skills, competencies and personal attributes required for various positions/employment levels.
- Develops a multi-approach staff development mechanism.
- Informs all staff about the career development opportunities available in the bank.
- Supports staff in preparation and pursuit of their personal/career development plans.
-Ensure the quality, relevance and timeliness of the services HR provides to the staff/units.
- Carries out a periodic HR specific Basic Service Questionnaire (BSQ) and acts upon its findings.
- Remains open to the comments/feedback received from staff/units and considers them when due.
- Ensures the conformity of each HR function with the organizational core value, and the in place policies and procedures.
- Follows-up on the recommendations made by internal and external auditors, etc.
-Ensures the bank staff welfare.
- Facilitates the release of staff Life/Accident insurance coverage on a timely manner.
- In collaboration with other involved parties, deals in a duly manner with staff grievances where an employee raises concerns and seeks redress.
- Facilitates staff salary scale/benefits package review to make it well-lined up and at the same time well competitive with other organizations of the same or a similar mandate.
Ensure full compliance with the relevant/prevailing bank policies / procedures; and full alignment with the audit recommendations.
- At least university graduate, in HR Management, or any other relevant trade and MBA is preferred.
- HR Certification.
- At least 10 years work experience and its 5 years be in Management positions with a big deal of focus on HR management/development.
- High-level proficiency in written and spoken English, Pashto and Dari; good knowledge of word processing; proven training skills; excellent human relation and people management skills.
- Conflict management ability; tactfulness; a good sense of humor; beings self-disciplined; resolute and being value driven.
- Being sensitive to the employees’ suggestions, grievances and concern; ability to conceptualize, design, amend and institutionalize/communicate the HR policies; and ability to institutionalize and implement the performance management process, the bank core values and most required competencies.
- Ability and the desire to participate effectively in the process of harmonizing the bank -wide HR policies, employment levels, designations used, local staff salary and benefits structures.