|Date Posted:||Jul 18, 2022|
|Reference:||Consultant Dentist (FMIC/HR/372)|
|Closing Date:||Aug 6, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
Providing preventive and restoration treatment for problems that affect mouth and teeth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine teeth and diagnostics of patient’s dental condition
- Education on oral health for patients
- Work on improvement of quality of services
- Carrying out clinical treatment such as gums disease, restoration teeth , root canal treatment, tooth extraction ,complication wisdom teeth extraction and preparation of teeth for crown and bridge
- Maintain patients dental record
- Keep updated on new development through continuing professional development
- Preform any relevant assignment defined by supervisor
- Prepare budget of dental clinic and maintain stock of equipment
- Participation in departmental meetings
- Provide related training for trainees
- Prepare monthly reports (any related departmental reports)
- Preparing goals/objectives, indicator, budget and Capital Expenditure item for the department
Qualification and requirements:
- MD from a recognized University
- Specialization in Dentist /Stomatology
Knowledge and competencies (State skills, abilities & traits required)
- Excellent knowledge and interest in science, particularly the science of oral health.
- Good manual dexterity and a steady hand.
- The ability to use specialist equipment.
- The ability to concentrate for long periods.
- Good Communication skills
- A thorough and methodical approach
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Manual dexterity
- Teamwork skills
- Strong and clear communication skills, with the ability to adapt your communication to suit different patients