|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2022|
|Reference:||Consultant, Pediatric Surgeon (FMIC/HR/379)|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
- Consultation for outpatient and inpatients
- Performing night duties, taking care of emergency patients, care of patients as per institution and department’s policies and protocols
- Training of Residents (in context of PGME Program), medical officers and junior doctors within department
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities as Consultant:
- Performing procedures according to approved credentialing in operation theater and other departments
- Conducting consultation in out-patient and in-patient departments
- Performing night duties as per department’s schedule
- Taking part in daily round and morning reports
- Providing care for emergency patients according to policies and protocols of institution and department
- Assuring continuity of care and follow up for surgical pathologies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Having professionalism, medical ethics and caring during communication with colleagues and patients
- Reporting to the head of department and completing the assignment given by supervisor
- Providing training to residents, medical officers and junior doctors
- Consulting head of the department as supervisor before and during facing complicated cases of over the credentialing cases.
- Assuring quality of care as defined by the institution.
- Conducting Continuous Medical Education (CMEs) programs
- Performing assignment defined by the supervisor/head of department, related to department activities, patient cases, participating in meetings, lectures, case presentations, supervising junior doctors and other related tasks.
- Work on departmental capacity building program as well as bring self-development.
Responsibilities as Trainer/Faculty:
- As a consultant fulfilling the requirements mentioned in the consultant Job Description
- Faculty will spend 25% to 30% of his/her working hours for didactic/protected teaching time and the rest of the times will be spend for the work based teaching activities.
- As teacher conducting certain topics of Generic curriculum (required workshops) for Residents
- Contribution and cooperation with the department Program Director in preparing academic work plans based related curriculum
- Monitoring and helping residents on training affairs, seminars, case presentations, attendance, medical ethics, and professional behavior, etc.
- Motivating trainees for studying and using valuable resources including journals, treatment guidelines, books, etc.
- Developing the competencies and skills of related trainees which are mentioned in related curriculum and guidelines
- Monitoring and approving the academic logbooks of the related trainees
- Proposing the monograph and thesis subjects of the trainees to the department session
- Contributing in implementation of the related curriculum and PGME guideline in the department
- Helping Program Director in marking regular academic reporting
- Participating in the academic session of the hospital and the PGME sessions and councils as required and the committee which has their membership
- Developing his/her scientific and professional level and developing modern ways of medical service including diagnostic and treatment of the patients in the department (Evidence based medicine)
- Contribution in research and epidemiology, clinical audit, journal club
- Evaluation of residents
- Participating in question formulation for exams
- Participating in implementation of PGME induction plan
- Participating in National and International workshops, training and conferences as required.
- Any other assignment given him/her by authorities aligned with PGME Program
Qualification and Education:
- Medical Degree (MD) from a recognized university
- Specialization in Pediatric Surgery
- Clinical Specialization (Trainer Specialist)
Knowledge, competencies and Skills:
- General principles of surgery
- Knowledge and competencies in pediatric surgery field such as congenital anomalies and other pediatric surgical problems
- Having good knowledge of Medical Ethics
- Being detail-oriented to avoid any mistake during a procedure/surgery
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skill for immediate problems that arise and need immediate solutions
- Motor skill are a must in order to keep hands steady during a procedure/surgery
- Excellent hand dexterity and hand-eye coordination to avoid any slips
- Teamwork skill (working with nurses, technical staff, other doctors etc.)
- Leadership skill needed to manage the team within the operating room easily
- Critical thinking skill to come up with creative decisions quickly and efficiently in emergency situations
- Physical stamina to handle the high number of patients they may have at a time and the long hours that come with the job
- Excellent patient management skills and patient-oriented approach
- Be able to explain medical conditions to patients in clear and straightforward terms without medical jargon
- Having good time management skill
- Excellent interpersonal skill and good communication skill in Dari, Pashto and English languages
- Having good computer skill specially in MS Office programs