|Date Posted:||Feb 13, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Construction Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 20 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About GreenTech Dunia Consulting:
GreenTech Dunia (GTD) is a registered project management Consulting Company (MoCI license No.: D- 78011) established in 2015. We stand for environmental sustainability and innovation embedded in a global mindset. GTD’s team consists of experienced experts from various professional fields, who have successfully completed projects in Afghanistan, Germany, Pakistan, UAE, and Iran. GTD's team is committed to delivering value-based and innovative solutions to its clients by applying a management approach that considers not only the science but also the art of project management. GTD pursues a team-work approach by closely cooperating with all involved stakeholders throughout the entire lifecycle of a project. GTD maintains an expert database with up to 3,000 national and 500 international experts. GTD has local and international cooperation partners in various sectors; thus sustaining the global mindset of the company. GTD's goal is to contribute to the improvement of people's living standards through the employment of a holistic approach. This approach takes into account social and economic factors alike; consequently allows us to develop appropriate technologies for the sustainable development of emerging economies. GTD is developing and managing projects in the field of renewable energy, water, agriculture, and environment. GTD’s commitment to the cause is further strengthened by the fact that it dedicates 5 % of its annual profit to other research and development projects in Afghanistan.
The specialist will be responsible for all construction activities related to dam and all structural construction. DRE must have an understanding of the construction standards and quality control. The specialist will support the Team Leader in successful delivery of the project.
Provinces to travel:
Required construction management of large infrastructure projects in the water and energy sector, coupled with strong communication skills and excellent knowledge of English, Pashto and Dari for reporting purposes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The specialist will:
- (i) Be responsible for overall project management, reporting to the MEW and ADB, coordinating with local communities and other stakeholders in the project area and international and Contractor security forces on security issues;
- (ii) Act as the Engineer in administering the civil works Contracts. Advise MEW, on all matters concerning implementation of the Contracts including, but not limited to, the progress of the civil works (the Works) and issues arising, certification of the Works, variations to the Works and the Contractor’s Contracts, the settlement of disputes and, arbitration or litigation if required;
- (iii) Be responsible for overall construction scheduling and supervision responsibility of
project under FIDIC (Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils) Red book and responsible for the Contract Management and Site Supervision of the Civil aspect of the project;
- (iv) Monitor, inspect and certify the temporary and permanent Works ensuring they are constructed in accordance with the provisions of the Contracts, including the Contractor’s approved Quality Assurance Plan, Health and Safety Plans, EMP and Method Statements;
- (v) Coordinate the development of the final Security Plans (the Security Plan) for the Contracts and supervise their implementation;
- (vi) Design and implement a project performance management system (PPMS);
- (vii) Ensure health and safety of all the staff working at site; and
- (viii) Responsible of the over embankment design review and dam safety of project dams
- and ensure safe design as per ICOLD’s guidelines,
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kandahar
At least Bachelor in engineering and at least five years experience in supervision and monitoring of large scale engineering projects in Afghanistan, with particular focus on water and energy programs.
Please submit your CV to : email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the HR department.
Kindly avoid phone contacts during evaluation period.