|Date Posted:||Feb 10, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Feb 20, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Assistance for Health, Education and Development - AHEAD:
AHEAD as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization established by Afghan trained professionals those are committed to contribute in improvement of civil society, , social development, public health and educational programs. AHEAD is registered under license number 1259 in Ministry of Economy, with the long term Vision of the realization and development of vibrant and vital civil society, community development, public health and education in Afghanistan where the interest, concerns and dignity of the civilians are taken seriously and more people have access to resources. The Mission of considered as: contribution to improve the quality of Afghan families life through provision and distribution of quality health, education services, awareness, community development, civil society development, capacity building and research.
Assistance for Health, Education and Development (AHEAD) is implementing BPHS SEHATMANDI Project in Takhar, Samangan and Nooristan Provinces looking for capable candidate.
Deputy Technical Project Manager (Roster) for Takhar
Deputy Technical Project Manager (Roster) for Samangan
Deputy Technical Project Manager (Roster) for Nooristan
The Technical Manager under the overall guidance of Project manager is responsible to plan, organize, implement, control and follow up, the professional and technical affairs of the Project to ensure the quality of provided health care at the related health facilities is exactly according to the BPHS and donor requirements while promoting and maintaining professional relations with Community Health Councils, Provincial Public Health Department and Implementing Partners.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable and responsible for the technical affairs of in the project
- Reports on technical activities to the Project Manager.
- Develops, plans, leads, implements, monitors and evaluates all aspects of technical services of AHEAD for quality and performance in accordance with the Ministry of Public Health and donor policies and guidelines (SOP).
- Monitor HFs for quality, accuracy and verification of HMIS data at HFs and community level, Minimum standards and quality of care based on performance management SOP
- Preparing and participating in monitoring session conducted by stakeholder regarding all quality issues
- Ensures the implementation of CME schools are in line with the MoPH guideline and the criteria set by GIHS and AMNEAB
- Review the project performance on regular basis and provide feedback to project team and clinical staffs for improvement of the services.
- Coordinate technical activities with other relevant departments within the organization.
- Ensuring the implementation of standards and quality of care and ensuring the quality and accuracy of HMIS data based on MoPH performance management SOP at HFs and project level.
- Develops the performance improvement plan (PIP) with the support of PPHD
- Ensures effective implementation of PIP at the provincial/project level
- Ensures that performance appraisals and training needs assessments of the staff are conducted and appropriate skills and knowledge transfer activities are performed at the project level
- Ensure from 100% improvement in all 10 HMIS P4P indicators and regular analyze of them with the targets.
- Reviews the progress of the performance indicators of SEHATMANDI project on regular basis and ensures the index and maximum levels of the project’s target indicators are achieved
- Manages the Health Supervisor, EPI Officer, Pharmacy Officer, MCH Officer, HMIS Officer, Capacity Building Officers, Mental Health and Disability Officer, and Infectious Disease Officer for their personal and professional development, career appraisal and welfare in accordance with the AHEAD-HR Policy
- Provides technical support for the implementation of high quality medical analysis and services by the staff in a safe working environment
- Promotes, adheres to, and observes the HQIP IP standards to mitigate against accidental infection and raise staff awareness to ensure practices of all procedures to reduce the risk of infection
- Responsible for management and leadership, personal development and appraisal of Technical staff.
- Ultimately responsible and accountable for quality control practices throughput the HFs.
- Arranges and attends required trainings and meetings both inside and outside AHEAD including Community Health Council and PPHCC meetings.
- Develops comprehensive work plan, structure in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Oversees the daily activities of the technical team.
- Attends strategic Provincial Public Health Coordination Committee (PPHCC) meetings
- Cooperates and coordinates between the Technical and operational departments of the Project
- Implement all standards as indicated in Balance Scorecard
- Implement all standards of quality of care and HQIP
- Provides the technical staff with best opportunities to build their technical and functional capacities
- Prepares appropriate reports and feedback as appropriate.
- Circulates technical issues from health facilities in order to provide effective and efficient support to HFs.
- Carries out any other duties assigned by the Project/ Program Manager MoPH
Job Location:Afghanistan, Samangan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Mandatory – recognized Medical University Degree.
- Preferable – Masters in Public Health, MPH
- Essential: at least five years’ experience in medicine or surgery and three years in project management.
- Excellent organizational and team building skills
- Pleasant personality, motivated to manage and lead a team towards quality performance results as the normal output
- Fluent in local and English languages.
- Excellent communication skills and confident in presenting to a wide audience
- Computer literate preferably in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate competently in written English
- Able to multi-task
- Honest, trustworthy and committed to organizational goals