|Date Posted:||Nov 24, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Dec 11, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||8|
|Salary Range:||494 - 495 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
We are a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and developmental organization working to improve the lives of the Afghan people since 1984. We address the acute needs of the most vulnerable and support early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We align our work to the specific needs and priorities of the Afghan communities.
The District Manager should coordinate the plan with the local authorities and community elders in the district level, also he/she responsible to handle and solve the problematic issues related to CRLP project. Follow up the CRLP plan toward of target achievement and make sure the implementation process is in accordance CRLP-OM and DACAAR policy. Follow up the SOs (daily tasks, mobilization, CDCs establishment, survey for beneficiaries’ selection, project selection, (CFW) cash for work distribution) practically at the field level
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Specific tasks and Responsibilities
· Manage the CRLP project in district level; coordinate the activities with the local authorities and communities.
· Coordinate the CRLP activities (collecting beneficiary selection data, cash for work distribution report, project selection report, and attendance sheet of skilled and non-skilled labors) with the Provincial Manager on the daily basis.
· The District Manager should ensure the beneficiaries selection is according to the CRLP-OM.
· Make sure all staff understands the CRLP objectives and the knowledge transferred to the CDCs and sub-Committees.
· Closely observe the process of CFW (Cash for Work) distribution to skilled and non-skilled labor.
· Supervise and make sure that Field Engineers and Social Organizers are working on target plan and there is close cooperation among staff and communities.
· Sharing accurate data with provincial team for uploading in the MIS database.
· In close coordination with provincial team plan the implementation of CRLP activities based on each component requirements separately.
· Strictly follow the implementation of activities and closely follow the DACAAR/CRLP daily action plan as practical.
· Closely observe CDCs/Subcommittees participation during beneficiary selection process.
· Holding staff meetings on the weekly basis to ensure the implementation process is according to the given plan CRLP OM, and prepare the minutes of the meeting.
· The District Manager should ensure that none of the eligible beneficiary left from the survey and selection process.
· The District Manager should strictly cross check the collected data received from the SOs & Field Engineers and make sure it is accurate before sending to the provincial team for further process.
· The District Manager is responsible to ensure the proper record of the assets (vehicles/equipment) are available and custodians use the DACAAR assets properly and timely report the misuse of goods/assets and also corruption to the Regional / Programme management.
· The District Manager is fully responsible of the cash management available in the District Office, he/she should closely monitor the process of the cash disbursement and make sure the relevant Data Entry Officer maintain the soft & hard records of all payments related to the project.
· The District Manager is fully responsible for all financial and administrative related issues he/she should report on monthly bases.
· The District Manager has to make sure that all relevant trainings conducted by the SOs to communities with the quality.
· The District Manager is responsible for timely resolving any problematic issue and conflict among the targeted communities and relevant staff members and timely inform the Provincial Team.
· The District Manager should timely inform the DACAAR staff at the district level about any official decisions and issues taken in the Regional and MO level and make sure the relevant staff read and understand the related letters and minutes.
· The District Manager is fully responsible for the Safety/Security of the staff, assets and programme ate district level, also he/she should obtain the confirmation of the local authorities and community elders regarding the Safety/Security issues before starting the activities /visit.
· Sending weekly/monthly/quarterly progress report to the Provincial Manager, CRLP Package Manager and other relevant staff.
- The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent is required but, (Master degree is preferred).
Experience: At least 4 Year relevant experience (Experience in NSP /CAAP projects is preferred) both in Project management
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Ability in team working, having good Management skills, ability for proper planning, Organizing and implementing the project, Ability to lead the staff with humanitarian, emergency and livelihood projects.
Development program management
Good communication and interpersonal skill
Languages: Pashto, Dari and English Languages are required.
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar, Nooristan
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org