|Date Posted:||Jun 23, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jul 3, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
To provide transportation to WHO staff and visitors, as well as delivery/collection services of documents and goods, related to the official work of the WHO’s office.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective:
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Under the supervision of the Team Assistant and the overall guidance of the Operations officer, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring the highest standards of professionalism and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Instructions are normally given on an ad hoc basis, routine duties are carried out according to the established schedule; fulfilment of assignments is checked on a regular basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Drive for the WHO Representative and other high ranking officials, meet official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, ensure compliance with WHO rules and regulations including security and safety requirements.
2. Deliver/collect and facilitate the customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
3. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc. Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensure the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
4. Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc., maintain all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
5. Procure minor supplies and picks-up and deliver payment for telephone/ fax bills.
6. Deliver and follow up the issuance of visa requests, renewal of car licenses and special permits for WRO
7. Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed in case of involvement in an accident.
8. Perform messenger service within the office as required by supervisors
*2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
*4. Knowing and managing yourself
*5. Fostering integration and teamwork
Functional Knowledge and Skills
*Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.
*Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations
*Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
*Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent.
Must possess a valid professional driving license for light and heavy duty vehicles
*Essential: At least two years of professional experience in driving cars.
Desirable: relevant working experience with UN organizations.
Fluency in oral and written Pashto and Dari. Very good verbal and writing English language Skills.
Other Considerations (e.g. Work may involve some discomfort due to long driving hours, lifting of
bags and/or parcels and being subject to weather and traffic risks .
Computer skills is an asset
- Screening of the candidates:
-Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
-Short List - Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
- Assessment method:
WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar, Kunduz, Balkh
Interested applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-06-53) with their curriculum vitae along with cover letter and National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Applicants should indicate their choice province among above mentioned provinces, otherwise the application will not be considered.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
ANY APPOINTMENT/EXTENSION OF APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO WHO STAFF REGULATIONS, STAFF RULES AND MANUAL.
WHO is a smoke free Environment