|Date Posted:||Aug 17, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 22, 2022|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
- The Turquoise Mountain Institute for Afghan Arts and Architecture (TMI) is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit vocational training institute established in 2006, providing high-quality training across four schools: calligraphy & miniature painting, woodworking, ceramics, and jewellery and gem cutting. The Institute is registered with the Afghan Technical and Vocational Education and Training Independent Authority- TVET-A and is also accredited with City & Guilds, a UK-based vocational training body. The Institute is funded by the Trust but is overseen by its own Board of Directors.
You are fully responsible to teach English subject and manage classes based on academic standards. Your duties will range from the preparation of course work, planning of classes and the marking of work handed in. On top of this you will also have to arrange any extracurricular activities and set targets for your pupils. You will also be responsible for the safety of pupils during your lessons. You must report from all your class related activities to the education officer or institute Director, you will teach English Language to the 10th-15th class students based on the current curriculum. you as English Professional will also have the responsibility to review this subject current curriculum or produce the new one if required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaching English subject according to the available TMI curricula guideline
- Leading the students towards the high level of English language Skills.
- Preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes.
- Marking work, giving appropriate feedback, and maintaining records of students’ Progress and development.
- Selecting and using a range of different learning resources and equipment.
- Undertaking pastoral duties and supporting students on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties.
- Preparing students for qualifications and external examinations.
- Managing students’ behavior in the classroom and on school premises and applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior.
- Participating in departmental meetings and whole school training events.
- Liaising with other professionals, such as education officer or institute director.
- Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular on job training as part of continuing professional development.
- Teaching in the institute, which takes students aged 15-25, teaching the institute English Subject curriculum appropriate to the age of the students.
- Plans lessons in line with targeted objectives to ensure that students learn. He/she also encourage, monitor and record the progress of his/her students.
- Support, observe and record the progress of his/her class. He/she also plan lessons in line with targeted objectives with the aim of ensuring a healthy culture of learning.
- Keep up to date with developments in their subject area, new resources, methods, and objectives. The instructor liaises and networks with other professionals, parents and careers both informally and formally.
- Reviewing the current English curriculum and /or develop the new curriculum if required.
- Other tasks given by TMI authorities or by line manager.
- Must have at least Bachelor’s degree in English Language Literature.
- Having successful 2 years teaching experience in vocational institutes.
- Having the best communication skill
- Ability to teach courses on the collegiate level.
- Ability to teach effectively using a variety of methods, relate to students and facilitate learning