|Date Posted:||May 12, 2022|
|Closing Date:||May 17, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Following medical prescription, plan and carry out individual treatment programs, by assessing patients’ physical state, in order to maintain, improve or rehabilitate the physical well-being of the patient and prevent physical handicaps.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Familiarise with the content of the patient’s file, including initial assessment, treatment objectives and treatment plan
- Elaborate and implement physiotherapy programs together with doctors and nurses, including physiotherapy exercises, manipulations, massages, education, utilization of physiotherapy devices and orthopedic equipment, educating and advising in- and out-patients and their careers on how to prevent and/or improve conditions, in order to accelerate and improve activity results
- Inform and train patients and caretakers on the importance of rehabilitation, participation in his/her own care, the prevention of disabilities, and the prevention of disabling complications
- Actively monitor and report physiotherapy activities (correctly filling in patient files, forms, statistics, and reports)
- Take care of physiotherapy equipment, manage the stock, make orders according to activity, and clean up the equipment, in order to ensure its continuous availability and quality of service
- Report to the line manager any problem arising in the service, especially the loss/ robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines in order to implement the appropriate measures
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- High school diploma (12th class) essential
- Nursing diploma essential (Candidates with Certificate should attach the result of their exit exam)
- Physiotherapist certification is desirable.
- Experience in a similar position is added advantage.
- Pashtu: oral and written essential
- Dari: oral and written is desirable
- English: oral and written is an Asset
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
• The staff will be under MSF contract and work according to the roster on day shift (40H per week)
• Salary will be paid according to the MSF Salary Grid
Job Location:Afghanistan, Helmand
APPLICATION: The interested candidates should submit their applications before Tuesday 17 May 2022 at 04:00 pm with CV and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Helmand Project in a sealed envelope at Boost Hospital, main entrance, Application box Or by email to:
The reference FEMALE PHYSIOTHERAPY OFFICER must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.