|Date Posted:||Aug 16, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 25, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software,Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British humanitarian and development organisation operating in Afghanistan. For close to forty years we have worked with millions of deprived, excluded and vulnerable families in some of the poorest and most remote communities in Afghanistan. We build basic services, improve livelihoods, strengthen the rights of women and children, help communities protect against natural disasters and adapt to climate change, and respond to humanitarian emergencies.
Our community-led approach gives ordinary Afghans a voice in their own development, making them active participants in shaping the future of their country. With our years of experience, our majority Afghan team, and our deep understanding of local, cultural and ethnic issues, we have earned great trust and respect among the communities we work alongside. This has allowed us to gain access to some of the most underserved areas of the country.
Under the supervision of the IT Manager, the Information Technology officer will provide direct technical assistance and support to all Afghanaid offices. This will include administration, management, upgrading, and trouble-shooting of all hardware, software, and network facilities, Inventory management of the hardware and software and IT contracts management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of the DHCP server, file server, Microsoft Dynamics NAV and email servers, including establishing a regular backup mechanism:
· Improving network functionality to maintain peak performance of the network.
· Installing and troubleshooting different computer/network accessories.
· Regular physical inspection of IT equipment’s as a repair and maintenance practice.
· Provide IT support to all Afghanaid staff.
· Train new Afghanaid colleagues on how to use network and other computer peripherals.
· Maintain the integrity of the network, database, and file storage.
· Administer the security of the system and ensure that the users are provided and manage with passwords.
· Manage an up-to-date and forward looking inventory list of all the computers and all IT equipment.
· Assist with the procurement of all hardware, software, and IT support services.
· Design and generation different reports for IT department.
Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science / Information Technology or related area.
At least 3 years’ Practical experience in IT field.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
The candidate should have extensive and proven experience in Network design, Implementation and maintenance.
Strong communication skills in Dari, Pashto, English;