|Date Posted:||Jun 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jul 14, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science,Teaching|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Kardan University:
Founded in 2002, Kardan University is the first and leading private university in Afghanistan. Over 4,000 students, 25 percent of whom are women, currently pursue diploma, undergraduate and graduate programs at Kardan University’s three campuses in Kabul.
With an alumni network of 30,000, Kardan University is a household name in Afghanistan renowned for its academic excellence. More than 600 of Kardan University graduates have received prestigious graduate scholarships, including Fulbright, Chevening, DAAD, and more. Kardan University has received business program accreditation through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) and is a candidate for accreditation with ACBSP and AACSB.
We are also members of CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG), Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN), and Global Business School Network (GBSN).
In 2012, Kardan University helped lay the foundation of the Association of Private Universities and Institutes of Higher Education in Afghanistan and served as its elected Chair for two consecutive terms.
Kardan University’s strategic initiatives are articulated in its Vision of Excellence, a five-year strategic plan (2015-2020), promoting excellence in research, faculty development, student growth and public engagement. In September 2018, Kardan University earned the Ministry of Higher Education’s national accreditation and became the top-ranking institution among both public and private universities in Afghanistan
Are you a passionate, energetic, and results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge? If yes, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated Lecturers/Assistant Professors to join our team of academicians and researchers.
Reporting to the Academic Administrator of the Department, the assistant professor/lecturer will be responsible for teaching and assessing students periodically through a set of evaluation mechanisms. He/ She will also be responsible to review and revise the curriculum with the academic committee of the university.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to the academic and professional development of our Employees. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes
- Build up professional logistics which helps in improvising the performances of the student.
- Develop course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Participate in program-level learning assessment
- Participate in developing learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in the textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Guide, direct, and mentor research scholars in their research projects.
- Assess, supervise and mentor the academic progress of students.
- Create, innovate and implement some activities and programs that help in career enhancement.
- Take part in all activities of the department, faculty, and the University.
- Support and serve up for various functional activities conducted by departmental committees.
- Review, assess and evaluate the activities and progress of students.
- Lend a hand, support, and aid the Academic Administrator and Dean in their everyday functions and tasks.
- Publish their research works or findings in academic books or journals.
- Grade papers and tests; prepare exercises, lessons, and lab experiments for the students.
- Teach the undergraduate students within their field of expertise.
- Submit the sessional and final results of the students within a week after the midterm/ terminal examination.
- Take 8 classes of 180 minutes each per week or a total of 24 contact hours per week.
- Assist the examination department and make a presence in the examination hall during examinations and in the conduction of entry tests.
- Perform any other relevant task given by the management of Kardan University.
• At least Master in Computer Science.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional university-level teaching experience.
• Strong organizational, management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to teach in English Language and command of any national language.
• At least 80% Master Degree Marks.
• Degree must be attested by the Ministry of Higher Education of Afghanistan.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes and cover letter (in one file) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/ demo.