|Date Posted:||Aug 17, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 23, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Terre des hommes:
Terre des hommes Lausanne (Tdh) is a Swiss child welfare foundation, that provides assistance and protection to vulnerable populations worldwide. Tdh has been working in Afghanistan since 1995 and carrying out projects related to Child Protection, Access to Justice, Mother and Child Health, and Livelihood Programs in Kabul, Herat, Laghman, Kunar, Kandahar & Nangarhar provinces
Under the direct supervision of the midwife supervisor and Tdh Health Program Coordinator is in charge of the overall implementation of the UHI project. The Midwife provides technical inputs and works in close collaboration with all relevant stakeholders for the project. She will provide technical support to pregnant women and newborn babies and under 5 children in the area of intervention. She will deliver reproductive health care services to women. She assumes responsibility and accountability for her practice, applying up-to-date knowledge and skills in caring for each woman and family.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Give the necessary supervision, care, and advice to women during pregnancy, labor, and the postpartum period
- Conduct deliveries on her own and care for the new-born infant
- Manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth, in accordance with the principles of basic emergency obstetric care
- Provide primary care to women of reproductive age, in accordance with the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS)
- Supervise the provision of primary health care within the community by female community health workers
- Counsel and educate women, the family, and the community, in relevant areas of health including preparation for parenthood and childbirth
- Provide all non‐surgical methods of family planning, and counseling for surgical methods
- Obtain specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral)
- Share knowledge, skill, and expertise with midwifery, medical and nursing students, and nursing and resident staff, in the management of pregnancy and childbirth, acting as a clinical preceptor
- Perform limited, select administrative duties such as patient charting, recording, and reporting of data; clinic and/or facility management (as required); or coordination of specific educational or outreach programs
- Participate in research, professional organizations, and related committees; and in continuing education opportunities
- Follow Tdh/UHI project policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvement initiatives; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards
- Participate in provision of 24‐hour, 7‐day maternity service, which may require evening, night or on‐call duty to follow – up all cases, where risk factors were identified, and ensure that the mothers and children are following the treatment plan recommended by the doctor, hospital or health facility.
- To ensure and follow up that all children under 5 and mothers go to health facilities for preventative treatment including immunization and treatment as necessary.
- To identify pregnant women in the community who are pregnant and ensure that they receive antenatal care and health education.
- To encourage the women to have a birth plan and seek skilled birth attendance for deliveries, assisting the mothers during deliveries, if necessary.
- Give training to the Family Health Action Groups.
- Serves as a positive role model for the organization
- Implement all additional tasks requested by his hierarchy
- Graduate from Midwifery School.
- Experience working with the public health facilities
- Min 2 years experience of working in hospital or health facilities
- Fluency in local languages Dari, Pashto
- Aptitude to work in volatile settings and willingness to visit the field on a daily basis
- Excellent knowledge of the region and its cultural aspects
- Excellent networking skills and ability to communicate with various stakeholders
- Capability to take the initiative and excellent negotiation skills
- Good in report writing
- Well understanding of the Afghanistan context
Preference will be given to the candidates who live close to the project area (PD 12, Arzan Qimat and Khair khana)