|Date Posted:||Jun 23, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jul 7, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Engineering,Telecome Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
The Micro Wave Engineer will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the MW network and equipment in his areas of responsibility. He will work and coordinate with inter-department, AWCC NOC, customer leased line personnel, and the regional MW team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation and maintenance, Installation and Commissioning of different types of MW radios and ancillary equipment from different vendors (SIAE, Nera, Huawei OSN, Siemens, Spectrum, RAD & Stratex).
- Nera Radios: PDH, SPDH, X-Pand HYBRID IP, and SDH Microwave radio such as; Nera Evolution 4XSTM-1, Nera Inter Link 1XSTM-1, Nera Evolution 1XSTM-4, EDGE 20XE1s, Metro SPDH 73XE1s, Metro 155Mbps and DXC Frame, Net Master.
- SIAE Radios: : PDH, SPDH, IP X-Pand HYBRID and SDH Microwave radio such as; (EL Series 4XE1, 8XE1, 16XE1, AL Series, 4XE1, 8XE1, 16XE1, 32XE1s & 53E1s, US7 1XSTM-1, ALS 1XSTM-1, 4XSTM-1, SIAE X-Pand IP radio, NMS5UX.
- HUAWEI: Osn1500. 3500 & U2000.
- Siemens: SRA 3, SRT-1C, SRAl.
- Spectrum Mux: Spectrum Mux 1XSTM-1 & 4XSTM-1
- RAD MODEM: Single E1, 4XE1s, 8XE1s, 16XE1s & 155Mbps.
- Stratex Radio: 4XE1s, 8XE1s & 16 XE1s, IP Radio.
- Supervise the riggers for installation and commissioning of antenna systems which either Vertical or Horizontal polarization down to outdoor Unit (ODU) with 1+1 and or 1+0 configuration and laying out the IF cable down to indoor Unit (IDU).
- Provisioning of power supply for the IDU equipment’s -48V DC down to different multiplexers.
- Capable to climb the tower to inspect and check the rigger's quality of antenna system installation.
- Testing, and troubleshooting of E1, E3, DS3, STM-1 & STM-4 for degraded and out of service circuits.
- Activation and Deactivation of E1, E3, and DS3 VC4 circuits according to circuit activation and deactivation order from the planning department.
- Must know system upgrade and system re-configuration, Fault analyses, and isolation.
- Knows the MW equipment system lined up and Synchronization.
- Capable to Handle MW NMS monitoring system (HUAWEI U2000, SIAE NMS5UX, and Nera Net Master).
- Inventory and mobility of equipment, spares, tools, and test equipment.
- Can handle training of Local Engineers.
- Must know how to Operate and Maintain different Multiplexers (SIAE MUX ADM-C, ADM 2RU & 4RU, LOOP MUX, OSN 1500 & 3500, NERA DXC Frame and different PDH tributaries capacity, Spectrum MUX).
- Capable to gather data for site and network documentation.
- Can generate detailed and accurate reports related to the job.
- Must know how to operate a different type of MW test equipment.
- Knows how to deal with co-personnel and other department during coordination with the related works.
- Responsible for project-operations sites PAT protocol handover process for all regions.
- Willing to be assigned anywhere in Afghanistan and 24X7 on call for any emergency restoration of the MW network.
- Report to MW Manager - for all day-to-day work activity.
- Be able to travel to the job site.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering (BSECE), Computer Engineering (BSCE), and Electrical Engineering (BSEE). Information Technology (BSIT)
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in the related field.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Khost
The interested candidates should fill and submit the APPLICATION FORM with complete and correct information. To have access to the APPLICATION FORM, please copy and paste the link into your Web Browser.