|Date Posted:||May 5, 2022|
|Closing Date:||May 15, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up for children suffering from severe malnutrition, according to MSF TFP (ITFC/ATFC/SFP) protocols, universal hygienic standards and other procedures, in order to ensure a good delivery of care and improve their nutritional conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implementing and following at all times the universal hygiene standards, security rules and other protocols and procedures regarding nursing and children nutrition matters.
• Ensuring proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes:
• Daily collecting the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
• Calculating the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children registered
• Ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if necessary.
• Carrying-out all patient’s related tasks for the admission, weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of malnutrition, administration (patient card, register,…) etc.
• Ensuring that medical and nutritional care is properly delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the patients.
• Carrying-out consultations to children and their parents, undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
• Carrying-out surveillance and follow-up of patients’ medical and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
• Providing advice and inform children’s families about everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
• Controlling all pharmacy, food, and medical equipment (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.)
• Carrying-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases arising.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- Will provide nursing assessments and prioritize treatments according to the urgency of need in the triage for paediatric patients.
- Placement and monitoring of NG cannula
- Ensure the implementation of the treatment of SAM cases by following strictly the protocols and provide individual health and nutrition counselling
- Analyze the health and nutrition evolution of each patient and provide the systematic treatment based on the guidelines
- Support doctors during patient tour and adapts treatment when necessary
- Supports and cooperates with the nursing assistant in the therapeutic feeding process of the patient
- Gives attention to relationship between caretaker and child. Supports caretakers where necessary in providing care to the child. Education to the caretaker about further care in the home.
- Nursing diploma
- Nutritional training is desirable
- Previous experience in the similar position is required.
- Experience in MSF or other NGO’s is essential.
- Experience in paediatric is desirable
- Experience in health and nutrition programs is an advantage
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written desirable
- Full Time / Schedule: 176 hours per month - due to the nature of the position the candidate must be willing and capable to sometimes work outside regular office hours
- Salary will be paid according to the MSF salary grid