|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||20|
|Functional Area:||Telecome Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About I Engineering Group:
Provide end-to-end engineering infrastructure solutions to the telecommunications and power industries across Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Employing a dynamic and personal approach, we have grown rapidly since our inception in 2007 to reach 18 operations with 1,500 employees. We integrate our core competencies with our clients’ businesses to provide cost-effective solutions that allow our clients to succeed in their business goals.
To become the leading EPC and O&M contractor in global emerging markets.
We provide EPC and O&M services to the telecom, renewable energy and construction industries in global emerging markets, seamlessly integrating our core competencies with our customers’ businesses, so they benefit from competitive and comprehensive solutions.
Ieng Afghanistan is looking for O&M Field Technician, Radio & Transmission for all provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. sponsible for the completion of service requests (preventive or corrective) on all Radio & Transmission or other assets assigned to according to scope of work, typical as following but not limited to:
a. Servicing, decommissioning, installation or integration of Panel Antennas, Microwave Dish, Radio Base System, Battery Backup System and Indoor unit extended according to standard procedures and practices
b. Microwave and Fiber optic system maintenance
c. Hardware spare parts management services
d. Transmission maintenance
e. Software update delivery and application
f. On-site system configuration rearrangements
g. Earth Resistance, VSWR etc.
h. Ensuring that preventive or corrective maintenance is performed according to procedures and agreed checklists and all issues are permanently closed
i. Proper cleaning and janitorial services of the sites and assets
j. Decommissioning, installation and troubleshooting any fault in Radio & Transmission equipment
k. Any other work assigned to from time to time
2. Schedules and executes the preventive / routine maintenance jobs on all equipment under his/her assignment.
3. Attends emergency call outs, fixes the problem on equipment and restores the service within SLA, follows up the issues till permanent closure and helps to find the root cause of problems and appropriate solutions.
4. Coordinates between NOC, immediate supervisor, client and other subcontractors, for proper maintenance of his/her sites / Radio & Transmission equipment.
5. Be available for emergency service delivery, through SMS / phone calls or other communication means.
6. Proficiently uses test equipment and devices on sites and analyzes test results.
7. Records and reports all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrence regularly to the O&M Coordinator using i engineering’s reporting formats.
8. Ensures proper care of all company properties such as tools & equipment, vehicle, Mobile DG, accommodation.
9. Reports all theft and litigation issues as per process and supports the O&M Coordinator, Site Security (where applicable).
10. Be responsible for fuel delivery and consumption and supports the O&M Coordinator, Fuel for fuel management (where applicable).
11. Ensures that all works being executed under his/her supervision conform with the Client’s specifications and the approved drawings.
12. Coordinates efforts with all sections of the company (Procurement & Logistics, Projects, HR and Accounts) as per company internal procedures.
13. Ensures that all Radio & Transmission tools and equipment are in accordance with the engineering standards and specifications.
14. Ensures that all spares or consumables used during maintenance are of good quality and standard.
15. Understands all processes, works accordingly and gives feedback for improvement.
16. Keeps record of inventory, problem history for all equipment under his control.
17. Be a team leader, coaches and enables other team members, checks standard of work executed and be responsible for scope of whole team work.
OH&S/QMS Role and Responsibilities
1. Ensures the implementation of OH&S/QMS requirements on all assigned cell sites.
2. Fills all related OH&S/QMS documents on sites.
3. Conducts Site Safety Induction by explaining to the subcontractors their responsibilities in terms of OH&S requirements of i engineering and clients.
4. Ensures that adequate PPE is used by both i engineering and subcontractors’ teams.
5. Ensures that safe work procedures are being adhered to.
6. Investigates and fills the incident investigation report and shares it with the OH&S representative.
7. Ensures emergency drills are conducted on sites.
8. Deals directly with the client’s representative on all OH&S matters on sites.
9. Reports on any hazard, incident, and accident to the direct supervisor of all assigned sites.
- More than 3 year experience in similar field.
- Must be a team player, flexible, defendable and punctual.
- Proven ability to multi-task.