|Date Posted:||Aug 11, 2022|
|Reference:||Operations Response Officer|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Report writing,Communication|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 192-member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Afghanistan country office supports Afghanistan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) capacity building and program implementation guided by the ARCS established strategic plan in the areas of health, disaster risk management, food security and livelihoods, social outreach, organizational development, and COVID-19 pandemic operations.
International Foundation of red cross and red crescent societies.
Under the direct supervision of field coordinator and the technical supervision of the Operations Manager, The successful candidate will support the programmatic design and implementation covering all stages of the
program cycle, from preparedness, the initial assessment of the appropriateness, operational feasibility, and
risks, to the design of the intervention, the selection and implementation of a delivery mechanism and distribution process, and the monitoring. This role has both an operational and a programmatic/technical focus and is designed to support ARCS emergency response teams to help meet programmatic objectives through in-kind and/or CVA modalities. Under the supervision of field coordinator, the Officer is expected to represent IFRC along with ARCS Counterpart in various coordination clusters in the field. the successful candidate will be responsible to and provide technical assistance in design and implementation of the emergency response program that are supported by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and implemented by Afghanistan Red Crescent Society. This will include working with the IFRC Country Office team, the ARCS Disaster Management staff in the field and extensive travels to field locations providing technical assistance and guidance to all aspects of field-level emergency and recovery phases of the operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The key accountabilities and responsibilities of the Operations officer will include but not limited to the followings:
- Program Development and Quality Programming Support
- Provide effective technical support to the emergency response plan. This will include strong operational contribution in the following areas: Adhering to operations manual and tools (e.g. standard operating procedures, term of references, scope of works, beneficiary verification tools, project databases, etc.); trainings and orientations to project teams; designing effective community mobilization strategy and approaches; beneficiaries mapping and selection; developing market-oriented economic activities for project beneficiaries; capacity building packages to livelihoods beneficiaries during the emergency and recovery phases; design and implementation of value-chain activities; administrative works associated with the emergency program.
- Facilitate Cash and Response assessments, Rapid Assessment of Market, and service provider assessments, ensuring assessment findings are thorough, documented and shared.
- In coordination with IFRC field coordinator, contribute to response options analysis and support ARCS in developing suitable response to promote household’s resilience building through emergency response, recovery and cash-based interventions.
- Provide technical support to ARCS emergency response operations and project teams to ensure timely and quality program implementation and timely delivery of program activities, including monitoring against log frame and work plans.
- Contribute to preparing timely program accomplishment reports for emergency response, recovery interventions and submission to field coordinator for donor reporting.
- Identify program supply needs and coordinate with the counterparts, logistics teams to put in place a timely requisition and provide feedback for the procurement plan.
- Under the supervision of field coordinator Work with procurement, operations, finance and other teams in the field to ensure appropriate modality of response mechanisms in place.
- Provide technical support ARCS to build their operational preparedness to deliver and scale up emergency response in a timely manner. Support to be provided by inputting into preparedness plans and leading or supporting preparedness activities (e.g., SOPs, feasibility assessments, framework agreements with financial service providers, precrisis market assessments, etc.).
- Introduce the necessary context-specific adaptations and deliver CVA training to ARCS DM and other operation teams, based on existing training materials, and ensuring alignment with quality standards and policies that are set at the IFRC level.
- Work with IFRC and ARCS DM and Safety and Security colleagues to develop and implement effective safety and security procedures for specific programs including distribution, cash & voucher activities, ensuring that these are updated and revised at regular intervals and that new programs are built around security considerations.
- Implement emergency and recovery tools that will be to assess the targeted households or cases eligible for the livelihoods and cash support interventions.
- Design and implement transparent selection of beneficiaries for multi-purpose cash based on community need assessment, clear selection criteria and participatory methods.
- Plan and implement cash grant distribution and monitoring (mobile technology based) to support cash and livelihoods recovery activities.
Capacity Building of National Society Staff
- Provide technical contribution in capacity building of ARCS cash and disaster response staff. This includes design of training needs assessment; capacity building strategy and approaches; and operation tools to materialize the capacity building plans.
- Coach and mentor ARCS cash and response staff to capacity building at National HQ and Branch levels.
- Orient and support the ARCS Cash and response team to scale and replicate the best practices and learning of the projects.
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Ensure that all emergency response, livelihood and cash programs are equipped with PMER systems like quality benchmarks, billboards, posters to exhibit PMER messages for activities.
- Ensure that Post Distribution Monitoring of emergency response programs are undertaken.
- Ensure action plans from quality monitoring and accountability systems are generated and implemented in timely manner.
- Monitor progress of interventions in the COs and ARCS, by undertaking regular field visits with ARCS
- counterparts and providing timely feedback for program quality and improvement. Support ARCS to ensure and undertake input, output and outcome-based monitoring in the project operational area.
- Contribute to generation of lessons through finalizing issues for Operations Research and participating in lessons learnt workshops and provide report.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- At least Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (any field of social sciences, development studies, BBA, Economics, and Agriculture)
- At least, 4 years of experience in emergency and recovery programming with (inter)national organizations.
- Good command and experiences in cash-based programming.
- Experience of project team management.
- Experience of donor report writing (narratives).
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experience (Preferred)
- Self-sustaining in Microsoft Office Software (MS. Word, MS. Excel, MS. PowerPoint)
- Confidential approach when dealing with people’s information
- Fluently spoken and written command in English as well as local language (Dari or Pushto).
- Core competencies: Communications, Collaboration & Teamwork, Judgement & Decision, National Society & Customer Relations, Creativity & Innovation, Building Trust.
- Functional competencies: Strategic Orientation, Building Alliances, Leadership, Empowering Others
- Values: Respect for Diversity, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability.