|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 23, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Marketing,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture, and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social, and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing, and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients - including borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
The incumbent of the position is responsible to mobilize deposit by selling CASA products and services. The position shall be responsible for visiting customers and introducing FMFB-A products and services to potential depositors. Relationship officer shall be responsible to identify potential depositors, plan visits after analyzing their needs, offer products and services which are required by the potential customers. The Relationship Officer shall be also involved in promotions, marketing and PR activities with focus on deposit growth. The position shall have targets for mobilizing deposits and incentives will be paid based on the deposit incentive system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and analyze potential customer needs.
- Visit potential depositors both retail and corporate depositors to offer bank products and services to achieve and exceed deposit targets.
- Ensure to facilitate and follow up on customer issues internally and manage deposit attritions.
- Attend sales, marketing, and promotion activities of the bank including exhibitions and marketing campaigns.
- Actively participate in bidding process for large deposits from government institutions including bulk payroll processing.
- Work with Relationship Manager to communicate customer needs and demands, share feedbacks, inform about other bank products and services to maintain awareness on deposit products, services and pricing to remain competitive in the market.
- Regularly attend sales meetings, engage with Branch Management and Relationship Manager for deposit mobilization.
- Visit high net worth customers on regular basis to ensure that relationship is maintained and conduct presentations of new deposits schemes to existing customers and to new potential customers.
- Assist the marketing team or any other independent customer satisfaction surveys and data collections.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Marketing from a reputed University.
- At least 3 years of experience in Sales and marketing preferably in banks.
- Having knowledge of usage and features of various card schemes, transaction-based services, ATM, POS, and CASA products.
- Having knowledge of various core banking systems and AML/CFT requirements.
- High-level proficiency in spoken and written English, good command of the predominant local languages – Dari and Pashto.
- Good command of MS Excel and PowerPoint presentation.