|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||89000 - 89600 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
Established under the aegis of the Ministry of Finance in 2005, the General Directorate of Takaful and Insurance, is the only government institution assigned to regulate, supervise and develop the insurance sector in Afghanistan. It aimed at facilitating the public and private entrepreneurship to invest in insurance sector, improve customer awareness and protection, enhancing stability and market effectiveness through regulation and supervision, and development of required rules and laws. Under supervision of GDTI, insurance sector has been active in 32 out of 34 provinces.
The GDTI remains committed to achieving the secure economic and social environment in the country with the help of sound insurance industry, aiming to provide access to suitable and affordable insurance products to the people of country and to achieve these strategic goals and objectives.
During last few years, the GDTI has also carried out insurance market development activities and public awareness programs across the country to educate the mass public and enhance insurance literacy. GDTI has also successfully established bilateral relationships and cooperation with various insurance operators in other countries. With its continued efforts, the GDTI has been recognized by the World Bank in its validation exercise as one of the top performers in attainment of the strategic goals.
Cooperation and coordination in field of financial, investment and risk analysis in insurance sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
•Designing proper evaluation mechanism regarding the development of insurance affairs
• Create financial risk analysis mechanism for the insurance sector
• Analysis and evaluation risk of insurance treasuries
• Analysis of financial reports for insurance operators annually
• Provide proposals to attract foreign financial aid
• Provide financial advice to implement strategies with other government departments and international organizations
• Gathering information to develop policies and strategies in the insurance sector
• Provide investment plans in the insurance sector
• Conduct an assessment of current financial practices in insurance directorate, finding gaps, and proving necessary reform recommendation.
• Making appropriate decision on the implementation of objectives and other programs.
• Perform any other assignments or tasks as determined by the department
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or any other relevant area, Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
• Having Master’s degree or its equivalent degree with 5 years of working experience, or having bachelor’s degree with 7 years of professional experience in practicing relevant area.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Proven leadership and organizational skills.
• Good planning skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in Pashto, Dari and English.
• Demonstrated teamwork, versatility, and integrity.