|Date Posted:||Sep 18, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 20 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
The assessment study on health service readiness during the COVID-19 pandemic in Jan-Mar 2022 in Afghanistan shows that many essential health services were disrupted during the pandemic and many health facilities and health workers were not equipped with the knowledge of alternative strategies to use for maintaining the essential health services. The study showed that they used some sporadic limited alternative interventions but those were not institutionalized and systematically introduced by Ministry of Public Health. So, GDPP need technical support to develop the SoPs, guidelines, and strategies on alternative strategies on maintaining essential health services during the pandemic and disseminate it to all facilities in the Afghanistan health system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope of Services:
Institutionalization of alternative strategies to maintain essential health services during the pandemic.
1. highlight the essential health services that affected during the pandemic in Afghanistan
2. conduct a review of existing alternative strategies used to maintain the essential health services during the pandemics in other countries
3. Present the findings to established committee from different directorates of MoPH
4. Designing a road map for the institutionalization of alternative strategies to maintain essential health services during the pandemic in coordination of committee
5. Develop a guideline of alternative strategies for maintaining the essential health services during the pandemic in Afghanistan with close coordination of committee
6. Disseminate the guideline and roadmap to key directorates, NGOs and representative of public and private health facilities, collect the feedback and update the guideline based on them
7. Developing a comprehensive monitoring matrix for effective implementation and use of the alternative strategies over the time.
Submit the final draft of guideline and road map to GDPP and WHO
1. A report of the literature review of the alternative strategies to maintain the essential health services in other countries
2. A report of identify and highlighted the essential health services that affected during the pandemic.
3. Road map for the institutionalization of alternative strategies to maintain essential health services during the pandemic
4. A final draft of developed guideline
5. The report of effective monitoring system on usage and implementation of guideline
1- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2- Producing results
3- High sense of responsibility and strong organizational skills with ability to work under pressure.
4- Advanced computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1) Must have good command of computer skills
2) Excellent communication and report writing skills
Essential: Medical doctor (MD), PGD
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in clinical area
Desirable: have experience of hospital management
Languages: Excellent knowledge of English and Fluent in Pashtu and Dari.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
« Screening of the candidates:
Ø Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Ø Short List - Further shortlist shall be done based on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
« Assessment method:
Ø WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
Ø WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-09-77) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email: email@example.com
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.