|Date Posted:||Aug 16, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 25, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Financial Accounting|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Under the direction of Deputy Director of Finance and Administration, Assist line Treasury Manger regarding treasury, vendors accounting record-keeping, as well as compliance and assurance related to treasury management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Treasury Management:
- Assist with bank activities including documentation submission, bank letters, cheques etc.
- Timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliation's.
- Implement, and monitor systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain on a current basis.
- Process monthly Cash Requests from provincial offices before cash transfer, and ensures that appropriate balances are maintained to facilitate grant implementation.
- Monitor FX to minimize the organizational foreign currency gains and losses.
- Assist line manger to ensure that sufficient cash is available to meet immediate operational needs at Head Office level in close collaboration with other finance/accounting staff.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash flow projections in order to anticipate cash needs and request appropriate decisions regarding cash transfers and currency conversion.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash reconciliations for review as per monthly deadlines.
- Opening of new bank accounts, obtaining bank statements and/or proof of payment, changing signatories and negotiation exchange rates etc.
2) Accounts & Records:
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring staff, customer (donor) and supplier accounts to ensure correct balances are reflected in the financial management system.
- Prepare payment vouchers and ensure that payments are executed in accordance with due dates, contractual obligations and statutory requirements.
- Ensure all receipts, payments, expense reports and other financial transactions have been correctly captured into financial management system in a timely manner.
- Check and verify forms and vouchers to ensure that they are properly completed; the required supporting documents are attached and that they are duly approved in line with the authority limits in place.
- Ensure that accounts payable are reconciled with vendor statements and that payments are made only after the reconciliation has been completed.
- Assist line manger to ensure funds transfers between banks and to provincial offices are done in a timely manner and in accordance with the requests from the field.
- Update monthly average and closing exchange rates in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain orderly and up to date financial records in sequential filing system.
- Maintain the checque dispatch register as well as a log book of documents submitted to the accounts payable office in order to guard against loss and establish accountability.
- Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview managers.
3) Compliance and Support Visits and
a) Assist line manger to perform due diligence assessments of new SARAFs and Banks.
b) Ensure full compliance with counter terrorism and money laundering polices.
c) Travel as required to the district and provincial offices to support staff and report to the Line Manager what is going well and what is not.
d) Collaborate with line manger to prepare work plan, budget, and reports for treasury service
e) Collaborate and cooperate with the other staff in regard to treasury matters
a) Monitor complete compliance and consistent application of treasury policies and procedures
b) Prepare weekly, monthly and ad hoc treasury reports.
c) Actively participate in the formulation and review of treasury policies and guidelines.
d) Support and actively participate in system review and audit.
Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Education & Professional Qualification
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
Minimum of 1 years of professional experience in finance with a NGOs
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable treasury assistant with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as good communication, organisational, interpersonal, financial management and reporting skills
Specifically, the holder of this position will demonstrate the following:
a. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
b. Working knowledge in computer software including Accounting Packages, MS Office etc.
c. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
d. Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situation
a. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
b. Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
c. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
d. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
e. Sensitivity to gender and intercultural issues.
f. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener