|Date Posted:||Jun 22, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jul 9, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. Kardan currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 8,000 students in the field of business, law, IT, and Civil Engineering at its campuses. In 2013, Kardan University has been awarded the prestigious ‘Top Performer Award’ by the Ministry of Higher Education, Government of Afghanistan - a testimony to its first-class stature. To reaffirm this, Kardan University was granted the University status by the Ministry of Higher Education. Kardan is the only University not only in Afghanistan but also in the region to get candidacy status from the IACBE, USA, an established and well-reputed international accreditation body. Kardan University believes in the sense of commitment for excellence and quality and is committed to serving as a key player in the development and enhancement of education in Afghanistan through its innovative curricular programs.
Kardan University is seeking an experienced Communications Manager who will be responsible for planning, development, and implementation of the University’s communication strategy, content development, branding, external relations, production, and social media management.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of Kardan University, the University Communications Manager will work closely with a team of communication professionals to develop quality design and content, creative video production, and execute social media and website strategy to promote activities of the University at national and international level. He/she will be the lead to design, managing, and evaluating Kardan University’s communications and external relations priorities, meaningfully advancing the University’s strategic priorities
Duties & Responsibilities:
Management and Coordination
- Develop and update Kardan University’s overall communication strategy, branding, and social media policies and develop plans and reporting system to deliver communications objectives.
- Oversee and ensure the effective implementation of communications strategy, branding, and social media policies.
- Develop videos, graphics, and publications while ensuring compliance with the University’s quality standards and branding strategy.
- Develop, review and edit content and deliver quality publications that meet the University’s standards.
- Develop and lead website development plans and introduce measures to improve website design and content.
- Develop and oversee social media engagement and outreach efforts and constantly introduce measures to enhance quality and achieve targets.
- Design and deliver results-oriented admission campaigns in coordination with the academic teams and the University leadership.
- Ensure that the team planning and reporting efforts are coordinated and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Represent the Communications team at various management meetings.
- Promote Kardan University’s graduate and undergraduate programs, student services, success center, and facilities through a variety of communication tools including brochures, leaflets, newsletters, magazines, prospectus, and photography and videography.
- Develop a content strategy that meets the University’s standards and requirements.
- Lead the Content Strategist and Communications Specialists to develop quality content and communication material including newsletters, journals, magazines, and articles to promote the University’s programs.
- Review, verify and approve facts and accuracy of the information and overall content in articles, stories, newsletters, magazines, posters, and all publications of the University.
- Train the team on content development, editing, reviewing, and proofreading principles.
- Research and write and/or edit and finalize press releases, and content for Kardan University’s website, blogs, social media, and newsletters as required.
Creative & Multimedia Design
- Lead and oversee the design of high-quality brochures, logos, newsletters, journals, posters, and other marketing and communications materials.
- Advise and instruct the production team on video production, photography, and creativity in design, layout, color, and other details while ensuring compliance with the branding POLICY guidelines.
- Choose topics for video, develop concept notes, write scripts and work with the team to develop high-quality videos.
- MA in journalism, communications, marketing, or a relevant field from an accredited national or international academic institution.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the media industry with a focus on marketing, communications, and production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in English and Dari languages.
- Exceptional ability in content development, proofreading and editing.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualified candidates should submit their updated resumes and cover letter (in one document) via email to email@example.com.
Email applications must include the position title in the email subject line.
We thank all the applicants for their interest; however, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.